Strengthening the bond between fathers & their children through adventurous exploration in the land we live and love.
Who we are
Tanasi Longhouse Inc. is a non-profit Tennessee affiliate of the Native Sons and Daughters™ which are programs that were developed and are administered by National Longhouse, Ltd. These programs emphasize the vital role that parents play in the growth and development of their children. The original program plan of children learning directly from their father was patterned from the tradition of some North American Indian cultural groups. These programs seek to strengthen the foundations for a positive lifelong relationship between parent and child that is mutually beneficial and satisfying.
What we do
The Program is ideal for fathers and children (between the ages of 5-12). Father/child bonds are strengthened through various group and individual activities including:
- Craft making
- Pinewood Derby racing
- Community service projects
The Six Aims of our program:
- Always Be Friends with your Father / Child
- Be Clean in Body, Pure in Heart
- Love the Sacred Circle of Family
- Love My Neighbor as Myself
- Listen While Others Speak
- Seek and Preserve the Beauty of the Great Spirit’s Work, in Forest, Field and Stream.